Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Kadala curry

Puttu and kadala curry is a famous breakfast combo in Kerala. While I have never had these two items together, I have made kadala curry a couple of times. I found an awesome recipe here.
Kadala Curry
I just made a couple of changes to the recipe. I reduced the amount of coconut to about 1/3rd of a cup. Correspondingly I reduced the amount of peppercorns to about 3/4th of a teaspoon though in retrospect I think maybe 1/2 teaspoon would have been enough even. Everything else was exactly the same as given in the recipe.

In case you are wondering like I did, 1 cup of dried kale channa translates to about 3 cups of cooked kale channa. The original recipe calls f or 3 cups of cooked kale channa.

The recipe made a lip-smacking combo with aapam and dosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raw Banana Stir fry

 This recipe is adapted from cookdtv. Ingredients 1 raw banana or 2 small bananas 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/2 tsp mustard 6 cloves crushed garlic ...