I made stuffed okra following ingredients/method from two sources:
Here is how I made it:
Ingredients (makes enough for two)
1/2 kg ladies finger
1 tbsp jeera
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp garlic paste
2 broken dry red chillies
Enough oil to coat bottom of a wide pan
2 tbsp gram flour (besan)
2 tbsp sesame seeds
3 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp ground fennel seeds
1/4 tsp chat powder
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp lemon juice (can increase or decrease to taste)
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Mix all the stuffing ingredients. It will form a crumbly mixture.
2. Wash the ladies finger and dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Chop off the ends of the ladies finger and make a vertical sideways slit (see the second link above to get an idea of what this means).
4. Stuff the ladies finger with the masala from step 1. This is a fairly easy process. Save the excess stuffing.
5. Arrange the stuffed okra in a microwaveable steaming vessel and steam on high for 10 minutes.
6. Coat the base of a wide pan with oil and place on the stove with medium heat.
7. Add the jeera and the mustard seeds and wait for it to crackle.
8. Add the broken red chillies followed by the garlic paste.
9. Stir fry the garlic till the raw smell disappears. Do not let it burn.
10. Gently add the steamed ladies fingers to the pan and gently stir so that the veggie gets coated with the garlic.
11. Cook on low heat for about 10 minutes till okra is crispy.
12. Add the remaining stuffing to the pan, mix well and continue cooking on low heat for another 10 minutes.
13. Cover for a minute and turn off stove.
14. Serve immediately with rotis or rice. Make sure you have dal or raita as well to accompany rotis as this is a dry dish.