Saturday, December 25, 2010

Aloo methi matar curry

I made this recipe specially for mom since she does not eat chicken and chicken was the main side-dish for the lunch party. Mom liked it (the rest of us were pure non-veg that day and refused to eat it :-)) and asked for the recipe. So here it is:

http://jellybelly-shanavi.blogspot.com/2010/11/aloo-methi-matar-with-paneer.html

I made a couple of changes to the recipe:

1. I had no paneer, so omitted it.
2. I did not have half and half, so substituted a mixture of milk and cream that formed on top of the milk (just mixed them both together with a whisk).
3. I did not have fresh methi, so substituted it with about 1.5 tbsp of Kasoori Methi.
4. I lightly sauteed the potatoes before adding it to the curry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raw Banana Stir fry

 This recipe is adapted from cookdtv. Ingredients 1 raw banana or 2 small bananas 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/2 tsp mustard 6 cloves crushed garlic ...