Friday, December 17, 2010

Raw banana (vazhakkai) curry

I cook raw banana in a limited number of ways, the favorite of which is puli-kuzhambu, the spicy, tangy sauce which goes so well with rice. However, I was looking for recipes which would go well with rotis. Googling lead me to this:

http://cooks-hideout.blogspot.com/2010/06/aratikaya-kura-raw-banana-curry.html

It sounded yummy and when I made it, it tasted yummy too. The only changes I made were to reduce the tamarind for the initial boiling phase and eliminate the tamarind entirely from the poriyal powder since I thought less tangy would taste better with rotis. I also made the dish slightly liquidy rather than completely dry, again because that would go better with rotis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raw Banana Stir fry

 This recipe is adapted from cookdtv. Ingredients 1 raw banana or 2 small bananas 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/2 tsp mustard 6 cloves crushed garlic ...