Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fresh apple cake

As you can see, I am on a baking spree. This very easy apple cake recipe made a very tasty apple cake (3 of us finished 3/4ths of the cake in about 15 minutes):

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fresh_Apple_Cake_Recipe

I followed the original recipe since the cake was for a special occasion and I wasn't sure if using whole wheat flour would taste good. The only changes I made to the recipe were to add some chopped cashews to the batter along with the sugared apple pieces and cutting down the sugar to about 2/3rd of a cup. For some reason (I think it was the baking soda I used), the cake refused to hold together and kept crumbling upon touch. But since the taste was so good, we just called it "Apple crumble" instead and enjoyed it all the same!

I will probably try the healthier version of this cake sometime and update this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raw Banana Stir fry

 This recipe is adapted from cookdtv. Ingredients 1 raw banana or 2 small bananas 2 tbsp sesame oil 1/2 tsp mustard 6 cloves crushed garlic ...